Registered Nurse, Medical AssistantUniversity of Nevada, Las Vegas
UNLV Student Health Center invites applications for Per Diem:
- Registered Nurse
- Medical Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse:
- Observing and recording patients’ behavior.
- Coordinating with physicians and other healthcare professionals for creating and evaluating customized care plans.
- Maintaining reports of patients’ medical histories, and monitoring changes in their condition.
- Carrying out the requisite treatments and medications.
- Checking the stock on a regular basis for maintaining the inventory level, and placing orders if required.
- Adhering with the protocols, norms, rules and regulations in order to maintain complete medical records.
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
- Conducting research for improving the nursing practices and healthcare outcomes.
- Providing instant care during medical emergencies, like car accidents, burns, heart attacks and strokes.
- Discussing treatment with pharmacists and physicians in the critical cases.
- Providing necessary guidance on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Keeping an eye on each and every aspect of patient care that includes physical activity plus proper diet.
- Preparing rooms, and decontaminating equipment and instruments.
- Preparing patients for examinations.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain all digital client records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Work in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they enter the facility
- Assist the nurse and office manager in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
University of Nevada, Las Vegas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status. We promote a drug-free work environment.