Application Developer #R0113925University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for an Application Developer position within the Enterprise Application Services team to design, develop, test and deploy software/web applications.
The Application Developer (AD) (P0065100) plays a key role within the Enterprise Application Services team. The AD works closely with the Executive Director and the leadership team to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects. The Application Developer will work individually and as apart of a team that designs, develops, tests and deploys software/web applications.
Specific duties include:
- Partner with business representatives to define requirements and develop technical specifications in support of UNLV with a particular focus on enrollment and student services;
- Communicate effectively to ensure that all business requirements are being assessed and addressed to ensure development projects meet or exceed performance targets;
- Develop software applications through understanding, designing, and implementing enhancements and changes to production applications to meet business requirements in a timely manner;
- Identify and correct software defects through system, integration, unit and customer acceptance testing;
- Document code and system designs;
- Create and monitor web applications for clients and servers;
- Plan and design user interaction solutions. Design and deliver web services;
- Code, test and support database-driven web applications;
- Develop the full cycle of software applications;
- Develop security aspects, such as forms authentication and membership and roles.