Assistant Manager Trainee
Terrible’s is Great! Come train to be a part of our management team and build a strong career path!
The Manager Trainee is responsible for establishing and maintaining a customer service culture and is accountable for the operation of the c-store including gas pumps, ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, employee management, and managing operating costs and shrink.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a customer friendly environment, maintaining superior standards of operations.
- Control shrink, expenses, and schedule employees per guideline set by management.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, all perishables are within selling dates, and the selling floor is adequately stocked, along with appropriate signage.
- Ensure employees are in compliance with all policies and procedures and that they are trained properly and periodically check to make sure that all employees and equipment certifications are current as required by state, federal, and company policies.
- Ensure all money handling is conducted per company procedures and that they are fully trained to handle POS and other store equipment to minimize errors and cashier’s shortage.
- Maintain Company standards to ensure we meet or exceed Terrible Herbst Operational Excellence Programs.
- Prepare Daily Activity Reports accurately and in timely manner.
- Prepare and complete the daily fuel survey.
- Continually evaluate and manage employee issues and their performances.
- Cover open shifts as designated by the C-Store Manager.
- Travel to other district locations to support district staffing needs.
- Be available to work any shift required to meet store demands, and be on-call to cover sick calls.
Experience / Requirements:
- Must be 21+ years of age, proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Must be able to obtain non-gaming registration
- Must be able to obtain a food handler’s card
- Must be able to obtain an alcohol awareness card
- Must be able to obtain a Gaming card
- Must be able to communicate with customers, work in a busy environment
- Stand for long periods of time, ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 45lbs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office
Employee will be assigned a management training program and rotation and will be assigned a pre-designated salary for the program.
- Health &Dental