Staff AccountantSun City Summerlin
Full Time Position
The Staff Accountant, for Sun City Summerlin Community Association Inc. must have a strong accounting background with the education and experience necessary to fulfill a wide range of accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This position will assist the Accounting Manager with the financial and accounting matters relating to SCSCAI. Importance of being a team player and be receptive to crossing training.
Description of Duties:
- Emphasis on AR and AP.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by gathering and sorting documents and then posting account transactions.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling and preparing disbursements, obtaining authorization of payments and signatures.
- 1099 processing at year end.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information, computing charges and refunds, preparing and mailing invoices and/or statements, identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Notifying customers of insufficient payments and preparing for collections.
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation and adjustments.
- Direct contact with vendors and customers.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting processes and controls.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed by the Accounting Manager Assist with the preparation a wide range of month-end closing journal entries, including the reconciliation and account analysis.
- Assist with maintaining and updating fixed assets and depreciation on a monthly basis.
- Perform daily sales reconciliations as assigned.
- Learn tasks as performed by other staff in the accounting department.
- Assist with annual Clark County personal property declarations.
- Assist with the filing of various taxes (Sales Tax), and Business license renewals.
- Assist with the preparation of documents as requested by our independent auditors as directed by the Accounting Manager.
- Assist with compiling accounting information to be used by the insurance agency in aquiring annual bids. May attend and/or participate in Finance Committee, including assisting as recording secretary.
- Ensure excellent customer service to the Association residents.
- Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Federal and Nevada State tax laws.
- Working knowledge of Clark County Personal Property and Real Estate taxes.
- Experienced in GAAP-Generally Accepted Accounting Principals.
- Understanding of fund accounting Advanced accounting skills, including but not limited to a strong understanding of the general ledger.
- Working knowledge of banking.
- Advanced computer knowledge in EXCEL (test required) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Paylocity, Jonas and Sage Fixed Asset software are a plus.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Have the ability Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, within the limits of the job scope.
- Ability to use machines and equipment typically found in today's office environment.
- Ability to work across many departments with staff that have varying levels of accounting knowledge to solve problems and achieve results
- Motivated to perform all task efficiently and with accuracy.
- Ability to give and receive written, oral and visual instruction and communication.
- Ability to enforce and apply safe work practices Good decision-making skills with judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- Associates degree in Accounting/Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five years relevant work experience in related field of accounting-HOA experience a plus.
- Three years of performing mid-level accounting tasks.
- Valid Driver's License to operate any company vehicle (and minimum state required auto insurance on personal vehicle)
- Walking, sitting, bending and standing for prolonged periods.
- Lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment.
- Risks and discomfort typical of an office/meeting environment with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure.
- Requires performing job functions in compliance with all SCSCAI policies including applying all SCSCAI safety and procedures.
Position Open until filled
Commensurate w/experience, position includes an excellent benefits package.
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.