Staff AccountantSun City Summerlin
Full Time Position
The Staff Accountant, for Sun City Summerlin Community Association Inc. must have a strong accounting background with the education and experience necessary to fulfill a wide range of accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This position will assist the Accounting Manager with the financial and accounting matters relating to SCSCAI. Importance of being a team player and be receptive to crossing training.
Description of Duties:
• Emphasis on payroll.
• Processes company's payroll accurately and timely bi-weekly o.
• Maintains the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating and inputting data with minimal supervision.
• Adheres to payroll policies and procedures.
• Comply with relevant law.
• Identifies, investigates and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
• Honors confidentiality of employees' pay records.
• Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review.
• Determines the organization's tax obligations by calculating and completing related tax forma such as the modified business tax and others as needed.
• Assist with the preparation a wide range of month-end closing journal entries, including the reconciliation and account analysis.
• Assist with maintaining and updating fixed assets and depreciation on a monthly basis. Perform daily sales reconciliations as assigned.
• Learn tasks as performed by other staff in the accounting department and serve as a backup, including accounts payable.
• Assist with annual Clark County personal property declarations.
• Assist with the filing of various taxes (Sales Tax), and Business license renewals.
• Assist with the preparation of documents as requested by our independent auditors as directed by the Accounting Manager.
• Assist with compiling accounting information to be used by the insurance agency in acquiring annual bids.
• May attend and/or participate in Finance Committee, including assisting as recording secretary. Ensure excellent customer service to the Association residents.
• Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Federal and Nevada State tax laws.
• Working knowledge of Clark County Personal Property and Real Estate taxes.
• Experienced in GAAP-Generally Accepted Accounting Principals.
• Understanding of fund accounting.
• Advanced accounting skills, including but not limited to a strong understanding of the general ledger. Working knowledge of banking.
• Advanced computer knowledge in EXCEL (test required) and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of Paylocity, Jonas and Sage Fixed Asset software are a plus.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines Have the ability Problem solving and analytical skills Ability to work autonomously, within the limits of the job scope.
• Ability to use machines and equipment typically found in today's office environment.
• Ability to work across many departments with staff that have varying levels of accounting knowledge to solve problems and achieve results.
• Motivated to perform all task efficiently and with accuracy.
• Ability to give and receive written, oral and visual instruction and communication.
• Ability to enforce and apply safe work practices.
• Good decision making skills with judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
• Associates degree in Accounting/Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Five years relevant work experience in related field of accounting.
• HOA experience a plus.
• Three years of performing mid-level accounting tasks.
• Valid Driver's License to operate any company vehicle (and minimum state required auto insurance on personal vehicle)
• Walking, sitting, bending and standing for prolonged periods.
• Lifting up to 35 pounds.
• Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment.
• Risks and discomfort typical of an office/meeting environment with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure.
• Requires performing job functions in compliance with all SCSCAI policies including applying all SCSCAI safety and procedures.
Position Open until filled.
Commensurate w/experience, position includes an excellent benefits package.
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.