ServerSun City Summerlin
Part Time/Full Time (Non-Exempt)
Include Cover Letter stating interest, Resume and 3 Professional References.
Include completed application for employment: http://scscai.com/Employment/Employment_Application.pdf
Fax to: (702) 360-0428, Mail or hand-deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134.
The Tavern at Highland Falls and The Summit at Eagle Crest Restaurants/Snack Bars Summary The Server is integral to the guest experience, providing food and beverage services (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) to the guests and residents of the Sun City Summerlin Community. The person in this position will serve food and beverages between the various restaurant/snack bar locations, providing a high quality service-oriented environment.
Description of Duties
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times according to restaurant dress code
- Taking orders and serving food and alcoholic beverages to customers at the different restaurants/snack bars as assigned.
- Prepare cold food/beverage items and hot beverage items.
- Operate POS, handle cash, and credit card charges according to procedures.
- Communicate effectively with peers, management, line, front and back of the house employees
- Ensure that all customers are greeted in a timely, friendly, and professional manner
- Maintain clean work surroundings, environment, and patron eating areas both indoors and outdoors.
- Assist with inventory, receiving of deliveries and stocking of supplies.
- Additional duties relevant to this position and assigned by Restaurant Supervisor.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate computerized/electronic cash register and credit card system
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Knowledge of standard kitchen sanitary practices
- Must have friendly personality and enjoy working with the public
- Must have strong skills in Customer Service
- Must be dependable and flexible
- Bartending experience a plus
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess all applicable Southern Nevada Health District food handling and Clark County Alcohol Awareness liquor clearances according to Nevada state law.
- Previous experience as a Server/Bartender a must.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical demands: While performing the required duties of this job typical to that in a commercial kitchen environment, the employee is regularly required to reach with arms and hands. There is considerable walking, standing, bending, kneeling and lifting. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 lbs occasionally, and carry multiple serving trays. The employee will occasionally be required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work Environment: Involves everyday risks and discomforts with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure typical of a restaurant environment. Requires performing job functions in compliance with all SCSCAI policies, safety procedures, including but not limited to the use of safe work practices with restaurant equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of OSHA and fire regulations and SNHD clean kitchen practices. Some work may be conducted outdoors.
Deadline: Until filled $8.25 Hourly + Tips earned Part Time Non-Exempt position