LINK Magazine Coordinator
LINK Magazine Coordinator
The LINK Magazine Coordinator position for Sun City Summerlin’s Link Magazine is responsible
for the production of the Association’s monthly LINK magazine.
Description of Duties:
• Prepare, edit, and review articles
• Coordinate with other departments, Sun City Chartered Clubs and outside entities to
obtain information to benefit the senior population
• Secure subcontractors for typesetting of articles, advertisements, covers, printing and
• Approve and code invoices ordered by you and submit to accounting
• Review sales tracker prior to printing of magazine
• Work with graphic designer on pagination and layout of magazine and special projects
• Additional duties relevant to this position as assigned by the Executive Director
• Proofread the LINK each month
• Attend monthly LINK Editorial Board meeting
• Submit agenda items to Administrative Coordinator for LINK Editorial Board meetings
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled in all areas of professional Sales and Customer service, with effective verbal and
• Creative writing skills
• Work autonomously within the limits of the job scope
• High level of judgement of acceptable topics, language and products for production
• Ability to apply safe work practices.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Skilled in multi-tasking.
• Skilled and attentive to details.
• Ability to stay organized, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Knowledgeable and skilled in Computer, including Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel
and Outlook, Design ads – Knowledge of PhotoShop and Microsoft Publisher a plus
• Ability to maintain a positive and pleasant demeanor under all conditions; even when
challenged to respond to negative comments.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Machines and Equipment Used:
• Typical of those in an office environment
• High School Diploma or GED, Associates degree is a plus.
• Two years Sales and Customer Service experience.
• Valid driver's license and minimum state required auto insurance on personal vehicle if
used for work purposes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical demands: Walking, sitting, bending, and standing for prolonged periods. Lifting
up to 25 pounds. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment within
an office setting,
• Work environment: Risks and discomforts typical of an office environment with some
exposure to hot and cold temperatures and light noise exposure. Requires performing job
functions using all safety precautions and applying all SCSCAI safety policies and procedures.
I have read and understand all of the above. I have reviewed the essential duties of the position for
which I am responsible, as well as the minimum requirements of this position. I declare that I am
able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I
understand that this document does not create an employment contract and that I am employed
with SCSCAI on an “at will” basis and employment can be terminated with or without reason at
any time by either party. I also understand that nothing in this job description restricts
management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job
description supersedes all others dated prior to the date signed below.
Deadline: Until filled
Salary: Commensurate w/experience FT Exempt, 8am to 4pm M-F and some weekends to cover
special events. Must be able to pass computer and drug testing.
To Apply: Include Cover Letter stating interest, Resume and 3 Professional References. Include
completed application for employment:
E-mail to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (702) 360-0428
Mail or hand deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm) to:
Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources,
9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-