Landscape Maintenance WorkerSun City Summerlin
Landscape Maintenance Worker
$11 per hour
Summary: The Landscape Maintenance Worker is responsible for the maintenance of plant life and surroundings to ensure the integrity of the Association's common area landscapes.
Description of Duties:
- Weed, fertilize, trim and prune trees and plants
- Pruning with the safe use of ladders using knowledge of ladder safety
- Mow grass, line trim areas as required
- Removal and replacement of plant life to maintain an acceptable visual standard
- Tree branch removal and disposal
- Replace rock and hardscape as instructed by supervisor
- Ensure that proper and preventative safety measures are used when performing duties on streets, tunnels, near sidewalks and all other places where traffic, co-workers or guests would be present
- Dead animal removal
- Clean up debris in landscape areas
- Report all safety hazards to Landscape Supervisor or Director of Landscape
- Additional duties relevant to this position as assigned by the Landscape Supervisor or the Director of Landscape.
Machines and Equipment Used:
- Blowers (hand and backpack)
- Hedge and line trimmers
- Chain saws and pole saws
- Various hand and power tools
- Utility Cart and Trucks
- Chippers and Grinder
Essential knowledge skills and abilities required by the position:
- Apply safe work practices, follow all safety and OSHA procedures
- Working knowledge of landscape tools and equipment
- Proper trimming, cutting, mowing and planting techniques
- Maintain a valid Nevada driver license at all times to drive any company vehicles. This includes but not limited to all types of carts, tractors, mowers, trucks and any rented equipment.
- Operate machinery used in landscaping
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical demands: Walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling or squatting for prolonged periods. Lifting up to 60 pounds. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment.
Hours 5:30am to 2:00pm
Work Environment: Risks and discomforts typical of an outside work environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures, rain, wet / muddy conditions, moving parts on machinery and equipment, dust, effluent water, fertilizers, pesticides and other hazardous materials used in landscape maintenance. Exposure to moderate to high noise levels. Requires performing job functions complying with all SCSCAI policies and applying all safety policies and procedures.
Compensation based on experience.
Include a cover letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional or Educational References.
Indicate the job you are applying for. Include completed application for employment: http://scscai.com/Employment/Employment_Application.pdf.
Fax your resume to (702) 360-0428 or Mail/hand deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer