Human Resources AssistantSun City Summerlin
Human Resource Assistant
Summary: Responsible for the overall day to day successful administrative operations within the Human Resource Department.
- Full cycle recruitment, E Verify, testing for position requirements.
- Process new hire paperwork and documentation (W4, I9, mandatory handbook and safety manual), job descriptions, OSHA, and other new hire documents.
- Perform new hire orientation and prepare benefit information for monthly enrollment meetings
- Worker's Compensation Administration (file C1 & C3, track employee medical treatments))
- Benefit Administration (including health, dental, life, supplemental insurance, cobra)
- Personnel and garnishment maintenance. Processing final notification when employee terminates.
- Prepare FMLA documents and track FMLA requests and Leaves of Absence
- Prepare final payroll termination paperwork and final paycheck request
- Process pre-employment drug testing and hepatitis B vaccinations
- Keep Employee Certifications updated (TAM & health cards, current driver license, etc.)
- Process Benefit Open Enrollment deductions and additional forms
- Coordinate hearing testing
- Maintain weekly employment posting
- Process Personnel Action Forms (PAF)
- Process employment verification's as required
- Update all payroll changes
- Set up all income deductions (IRS, Child Support and Student Loans) as required by law
- Respect and preserve employee confidentiality
- Prepare Anniversary Awards
- Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Human Resource Manager Essential Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of application of Federal and Nevada State employment law and how to apply them.
- Knowledge and application od OSHA regulations
- Computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize work and set priorities
- Ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, tact and judgement
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and payroll principles
- Benefit Administration
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Apply safe work practices
Multi task Machines and Equipment Used: Computer/Printer Fax/Copier Telephone postage machine Ten Key Adding Machine Shredder Laminator.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5 Years experience in Human Resources
- High School diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to give and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to interact with a variety of personalities
- Employee benefit administration experience
- Worker's Compensation administration experience
- Highly organized
Physical demands: Walking, sitting, bending or standing for prolonged periods. Be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment within an office/meeting room and travel from site to site.
Work Environment: Typical of an office/meeting environment and commuting from site to site including exposure to hot and cold temperatures and light to moderate noise levels. Requires performing job functions using all safety precautions and applying all SCSCAI policies and procedures.
Salary: Commensurate with experience non-exempt position.
Include a cover letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional References.
Include completed application for employment: http://scscai.com/Employment/Employment_Application.pdf
You can fax your resume to (702) 966-1497 or Mail/hand deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to: Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Director of Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer