The Event Coordinator for the Community Services Department is responsible for planning and
executing shows and special events for Sun City Summerlin, including but not limited to: Starbright
Theater shows, Annual Arts & Crafts Fair, Annual Home Expo, The Summit Live Entertainment, bus
trips, dances, movies and new community events developed under Community Services. The Company
contributes to Medical, Dental and Vision. Short term disability and base life insurance is paid by the
Company. Vacation and Sick time is earned immediately. Vacation can be taken after 6 months and
401k participation after 6 months of employment.
Description of Duties
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct all events and shows.
• Generate all correspondence to vendors, entertainers, and donors, such as invitations, contracts and
thank you letters.
• Secure bands for all dances at Desert Vista and The Summit for events put on by the Community
• Contract professional entertainers for the Starbright Theatre.
• Coordinate entertainers, producers and sound and lighting technicians as needed.
• Research and plan bus trips, obtain price quotes for travel, plan itineraries, attend departures, etc.
• Execute all duties for annual events: dances, Arts & Craft Fair, and Home Expo by preparing and/or
processing contracts, business licenses, etc., and working events.
• Design event and show flyers as needed and post at community centers and kiosks for upcoming
• Advertise Starbright Theatre shows - contact local media, community calendars and assisted living
• Determine volunteer staffing needs and schedule accordingly.
• Write articles (Community News, Community Services department, Special Events, Starbright Theatre
and all other programs) for the monthly Link magazine
• Program events into the Electronic Display boards.
• Create all events in Arts People tickets sales system.
• Monitor weekly sales of all events.
• Work within budget parameters.
• Process and maintain all records for events and shows such as progress reports, invoices, accounting
spreadsheets, ROI’s, check requests and post event summaries.
• Adjust schedule to accommodate necessary special events and shows on weekends and evenings.
• All other duties as assigned.
Machines and Equipment Used
• Those typical of an office environment
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, time management abilities, and good problem-solving skills.
• Skilled in proper telephone etiquette
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a diverse type of people.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Excellent organization, event management and time management skills.
• Ability to cope with limited resources, seize opportunities and think creatively.
• Ability to manage time, answering all e-mails and responding to customer inquiries quickly
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take initiative when the need arises.
• Proficiency in computer/internet use and Microsoft Office Suite including MS Windows, Word,
Excel, Outlook, and Publisher
• Ability to learn new computer programs.
• Ability to apply safe work practices
• High School Diploma/GED with a preferred minimum 3 yrs. experience in event planning and office
• Valid driver’s license to operate any company vehicle with minimum state required auto insurance on
personal vehicle if used for work purposes
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Physical demands: Walking, sitting, bending, stooping and standing for prolonged periods.
Lifting/moving up to 25 pounds regularly, and may differ in cases of emergency. Sufficient strength and
stamina to ensure a productive work environment.
• Work Environment: Risks and discomfort typical of indoor/social meeting hall environment with
some light noise exposure. Requires performing job functions in compliance with all SCSCAI policies
including all SCSCAI safety policies and procedures.
I have read and understand all of the above. I have reviewed the essential duties of the position for which
I am responsible, as well as the minimum requirements of this position. I declare that I am able to
perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract and that I am employed with SCSCAI on an “at will”
basis and employment can be terminated with or without reason at any time by either party. I also
understand that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
This job description supersedes all others dated prior to the date signed below.
Community Services Events Coordinator:
Print: _______________________ Signature: __________________________ Date: _________
Director of Community Services:
Print: _______________________ Signature: __________________________ Date: __________
Include Cover Letter stating interest, Resume and 3 Professional References. Include completed
application for employment: www.http://scscai.com/Employment/Employment_Application.pdf
E-mail to: Jobs at Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (702) 966-1497, Mail or hand-deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:00 pm) to: Sun City
Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer