CookSun City Summerlin
Pool Laborer FT (Non-Exempt)
Description of Duties:
- Assists Pool Operator in the cleaning and maintenance of all pools and related areas.
- Insures that all pool decks, fountains and indoor and outdoor furniture are kept clean and sanitized.
- Insure that all pool, spa and fountain tiles are kept clean in accordance with directions and established procedures.
- With supervision, utilizes various types of pool and spa chemicals in accordance with current safety directives.
- Empties trash and debris from around pool areas and equipment room to dumpster.
- Cleans all railings at pools and spas.
- Insures that the outdoor pool showers are kept clean and sanitized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Report all known safety hazards and/or injuries.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a general body of methods and materials used in maintaining and cleaning pools and pool areas
- Working knowledge of and ability to use pool-cleaning equipment
- Apply safe work practices, follow all safety and OSHA procedures
- Good judgment and decision making
- Valid driver license to operate company vehicles
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- Organization, prioritization and problem solving
- Able to follow related steps, processes, or methods
- Instructions are available with detailed guidelines covering important aspects of the assignments
- Execution of specific rules, regulations, or procedures and typically comprises a complete segment of an assignment or project of broader scope
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- Valid Driver License to operate any company vehicle (and minimum state required auto insurance on personal vehicle, if used for working purposes)
- May require flexible schedule to work late, weekend and/or holiday shifts
- Able to follow oral and written instruction
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: Employee must stoop, bend, reach, stand, and sit due to the physical nature of caring and cleaning pools and pool areas. Occasionally must lift up to 50 pounds. Sufficient physical strength, stamina, and conditioning required to maintain several pools and pool areas. Work conditions can change depending of weather. Moderate to high exposure to chemicals is common.
Work Environment: The environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as open space areas and pools and pool areas. Use of safe work practices with equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals. Possibility of exposure with hazardous materials used in conjunction with the maintenance of the pools and areas.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary: Full time, Non-Exempt Hourly position. Compensation based on experience (Pool Certifications are a plus). Benefits will be offered.
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer