CookSun City Summerlin
(Part Time/Full Time Hourly-Non-Exempt) $14.00 - $17.00 Depends on Experience
Include Cover Letter stating interest, Resume and 3 Professional References.
Include completed application for employment: www.http://scscai.com/Employment/Employment_Application.pdf
Fax to: (702) 966-1497, Mail or hand-deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134.
Summary: Cooks for Sun City Summerlin Community Association, are responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting menu items for consumption by customers of SCSCAI restaurants. Friendly and outgoing this position will perform primarily Back Line duties, but will occasionally interact directly with the customers.
Description of Duties:
- Prepares, seasons and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, fruits, appetizers, deserts and other menu items
- Reads and understands menus to estimate food requirements and procure food from storage
- Accurately maintains temperature of ovens, broilers and grills
- Checks and records reach-in refrigerator temperatures daily
- Expedites items for cooking needs, measuring, ingredients, observing and testing portions
- Properly present foods
- Carve/butcher meats, prep ingredients and bake goods baking a plus
- Properly store food with labels at all times
- Receives deliveries, check-in and properly store shipments from vendors
- Stock and rotate inventory shelves and kitchen supplies
- Cleans Kitchen/Walk-ins/Wash Dishes/Wash Floors
- Maintains clean work area and equipment at all times. Clean all appliances in accordance with Standards Operating Procedures
- Keeps kitchen set up during mid-day shift and reset for next morning shift at end of day
- Assists in menu design and product ordering
- Additional duties relevant to this position as assigned by the restaurant supervisor
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of proper food preparation, safe and sanitary food handling, storing, cooking and presentation
- Ability to consistently apply safe work practices at all times
- Thorough knowledge of menu items, and their ingredients
- Ability to prioritize, maintain organization and multitask efficiently and productively
- Working knowledge of standard kitchen sanitary practices
- Must be 21
- Available for morning and/or afternoon shifts Mon to Sun 5:00 am to 3:00 and/or flexible combination
- Two years Culinary Training, Restaurant/Kitchen/Food preparation experience required.
- Must have all required food handling and liquor clearance i.e. Sheriffs, Health Card, TAM etc. or ability to acquire
- Follow all OSHA, Federal, State, City, County regulations in regards to health and safety
- Must possess valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Machines and Equipment used is typical of a Restaurant Environment:
- Commercial Grade Appliances
- Point of Sales System/Computer/Printer/Credit Card Machine
- AED, first aid supplies
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical demands: While performing the required duties of this job typical to that in a commercial kitchen environment, the employee is regularly required to reach with arms and hands. There is considerable walking, standing, bending, kneeling and lifting. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs occasionally, and carry multiple serving trays. Will occasionally be required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work Environment: Involves everyday risks and discomforts with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure typical of a restaurant environment. Requires performing job functions in compliance with all SCSCAI policies, safety procedures, including but not limited to the use of safe work practices with restaurant equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of OSHA and fire regulations and SNHD clean kitchen practices. Some work may be conducted outdoors.
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer