Assistant Restaurant ManagerSun City Summerlin
Sun City Summerlin Community Association, Inc.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Position Description Summary: The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurants, and employees. This position will manage the front of the house and the beverage cart employees. The Assistant Manager reports to the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Oversee and manage front of the house and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Responsible for ensuring that the front of house and beverage cart employees' personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of the dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Perform inventory monthly.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Work with the Food and Beverage Manager for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Must have TAM and Sheriffs card.
- Must be Health Dept. certified.
- Will uphold all Health Department guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas.
- Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees.
- Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct orientation, explain the SCSCAI Philosophy, and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Administer Safety training
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- Prior restaurant experience Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, POS).
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping, and preparation of reports.
- Valid Driver's License to operate any company vehicle.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Machines and Equipment used typical of a Restaurant Environment: Commercial Grade Appliances Point of Sales Systems
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: Very physically and mentally active work. The employee may sit comfortably to do some work, however, there is considerable walking, standing, bending, kneeling and lifting, must be able to carry up to 50 lbs., and driving an automobile is required.
Work Environment: Involves everyday risks and discomforts with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure typical of a restaurant environment.
Requires performing job functions in compliance with all SCSCAI policies including applying all SCSCAI safety and procedures, including but not limited to the use of safe work practices with restaurant equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and clean kitchen practices. Some work may be conducted outdoors.
Application Process: Deadline: Until filled
Salary: Full time, Non Exempt, Benefits.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To Apply Include Cover Letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional References.
Include completed application for employment: http://scscai.com/EmploymentEmployment_Application.pdf
E-mail Human Resources at email@example.com or fax to (702) 360-0428
Additionally, you can Mail or hand deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Director of Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134.
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer