Line Cook, Prep Cook, DishwasherSouthwest Diner
Busy Diner Hiring Line Cook, Prep Cook, Dishwasher
• Must Have Experience
• Starts at $12+ DOE
• Prep Cook Starts at $10/hr
• Dishwasher Starts at $9/hr
Southwest Diner is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
We promote a drug-free work environment.
Line Cook Duties:
• Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance standards set by the Chef
• Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food on the line
• Food preparation and portioning prior to service
• Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
• Ability to lift 60 lbs and stand for long periods of time
Prep Cook Duties:
• Maintain the kitchen by sanitizing prep areas before and after use and making sure that all knives and critical equipment are clean
• Monitor side dish ingredients and report inventory levels to the Chef or Sous Chef at regular intervals throughout the night
• Work with wait staff to ensure that each order has the proper types and amounts of side dishes
• Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
• Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
• Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
• Unloading and storing deliveries.
• Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
• Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
• Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
• Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.