Benefits Manager- Human Resources, FT, 8am-4:30pm
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Human Resources
Posted on April 12, 2022
The Benefits Manager develops, implements, administers, and maintains benefits programs, policies, and procedures. Ensures programs meet employee needs, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective. Benefits Manager develops benefits communications and counsels employees on benefits related issues as needed.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to budgets
- Collaborate with HR leadership and benefits broker to identify benefit plan offerings that present the best value for NMHS employees including best plans, options, and rates.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes which align with best practices.
- Serve as primary contact for benefit plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and benefit plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal benefit operational processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Coordinate month end reporting and invoices for Accounting related to PBM and TPA
- Coordinate annual benefit audit and tax returns to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design, present, and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Provide training and support to Benefit Specialists as needed.
- Coordinates compliance reporting to external auditors, tax preparers, and TPA/PBM.
- Provide leadership and development of team members through effective coaching and performance management resulting in continuous improvement and high reliability.
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, or related field; required.
- 5 years' experience working with Benefit Plans as a manger or individual contributor; preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years Supervisory experience; preferred
- CEBS, and/or SPHR strongly preferred.
- Previous healthcare, multi-location experience with an employee base of 5,000 or more preferred.
- Demonstrate success working with detailed information requiring precision and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and goal setting.