Social Media ManagerLAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Social Media Manager
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is seeking a highly motivated Social Media Manager.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is seeking an experienced social media manager with a passion for breaking and viral news and excellent editorial judgment to create, publish, curate and socialize online content for the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The social media manager will be responsible for achieving our social media audience and traffic goals, managing a content promotion budget and working to promote our website and exclusive digital content across relevant social media platforms. The manager also will oversee production of engaging content for the website and other digital products.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated, creative social media doyen who works fast under deadline pressure.
The social media manager will work closely with all members of the newsroom and must be able to write and edit AP-style stories and posts quickly and error-free and be familiar with the intricacies of all the major social platforms.
The social media manager must be able to conceptualize and implement compelling digital stories that include multimedia elements such as live video, embedded video, social media posts, images, gifs and slideshows. The proven ability to create and adapt content for various platforms such as our websites, news apps, OTT and social media channels is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be adept at using complex content and scheduling systems, comfortable tracking large amounts of data and managing to budget plus have a blend of editorial skills (copywriting, photo editing, SEO and social media best practices) and technical know-how. Prior experience in a social media role or website content producer is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create content to drive engagement across all content verticals on all relevant social platforms
• Collaborate with Executive Director of Programming, editorial staff and digital content team to promote big news stories and enterprise content across social and digital platforms
• Manage content promotion budget to increase social platform followers, meet social traffic referral goals and increase audience engagement, all within ROI targets.
• Track and analyze the ROI of content distribution strategies and marketing messaging on social and digital platforms
• Collaborate with Digital content team on best practices and insights
• Assist digital team as needed in breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Work closely with Executive Director of Programming to fulfill daily assignments and upcoming projects
• Directly manage one full-time direct report
• Produce and curate daily content uploads in a variety of content management systems.
• Produce engaging social media content including video, images and gifs.
• Produce and contribute to content planning schedules
• Attend regular editorial meetings
• Keep abreast of local events and politics
• Work collaboratively with all members of the newsroom and other departments on various projects as required.
• Be a flexible team player and multi-tasking expert with a high tolerance for stress when working on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Direct all social media for all Las Vegas Review-Journal newsroom accounts.
• Work major events as required.
• Monitor trends in social and digital space and recommend innovation
• Discover and develop new and innovative audience engagement tactics
• Occasional additional hours as needed including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
• Generate story ideas and identify trending topics through research of internal content analytics, social media, news wires, websites and contacts.
Skills & Requirements
• The ideal candidate will possess a proven passion for local journalism and understand its importance in the local community
• Degree in journalism, multimedia arts, communications, or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years experience.
• Effectively works in a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines.
• Experience with analytics and metrics reporting.
• Ability to manage projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• News writing following AP and Review-Journal standards.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well in live video environment.
• Ability to work as a team player in the newsroom and build news contacts in the community.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule for breaking news and special content opportunities.
• Able to create relevant social graphics, gifs and memes
• Write, shoot, edit video with speed, efficiency and creativity in studio, newsroom, or field environment.
• Experience working with the following platforms preferred:
o AP, Avid Media composer, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Panasonic video equipment, LiveU, Wordpress, Merlin, GPS, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, CrowdTangle, Hootesuite, Social News Desk
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. The successful candidate must pass a background check and a drug screening.
Please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Social Media Manager" in the subject line.