Digital Content Anchor/Reporter
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is seeking a Digital Content anchor/reporter. Responsibilities include gathering information, shooting, editing, writing, and delivering video news content for reviewjournal.com and other platforms. This content includes covering breaking news, hard news, sports, and feature stories. Digital content anchor will serve as video talent originating material from the newsroom, studio, or on location. This position also serves as a multimedia journalist performing duties as a photographer, editor, and on air news reporter/anchor.
Standards of Performance:
- Producing and editing daily news updates for various platforms.
- Gathering editorial information via phone, internet, working with Review-Journal news staff, as well as on location assignments.
- Planning and scheduling story assignments.
- Creating video packages and live reports as required.
- Ensure content deadlines are met. Check all writing and video for accuracy, following Review-Journal editorial standards.
- Edit content and upload all content to various platforms including but not limited to JW Player, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, using appropriate software.
- Create graphics to be used within video content.
- Keep abreast of national and local news/sports and social content.
- Produce and curate daily content uploads in a variety of content management systems.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the newsroom and other departments as required.
- Sets up audio, video, studio, LiveU equipment, and graphics for live and on-demand content
- Must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- News writing following AP and Review-Journal standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a live video environment.
- Ability to work as a team player in the newsroom and build news contacts in the community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for breaking news and special content opportunities.
- Write, shoot, edit video with speed, efficiency and creativity in a studio, newsroom, or field environment.
- Experience working with the following platforms: AP, Avid Media composer, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Panasonic video equipment, LiveU, Wordpress, Merlin, GPS, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Professional voice and on camera appearance.
- Ensures videos have correct tags, title, descriptions in STN, Fuel, YouTube Players.
- Social Media experience, ability to learn digital analytics, applying best business practices.
- Ensures videos are in the right playlists with correct title, description, and keywords on Youtube.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- This position is based in the Las Vegas market
- Must pass drug and background screenings