DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER - SportsLas Vegas Review Journal
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Las Vegas Review-Journal is seeking an experienced DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER with a passion for breaking and viral news and excellent editorial judgment to create, curate and publish online content for the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
We are seeking a dedicated, creative journalist who works fast under deadline pressure. The editor will work closely with all members of the newsroom and must be able to write and edit AP-style news stories quickly and error-free.
The successful candidate must be able to conceptualize and implement compelling digital stories that include multimedia elements such as live video, embedded video, social media posts, images and slideshows. The proven ability to create and adapt content for various platforms such as our websites, news apps, OTT and social media channels is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be adept at using complex content and scheduling systems, comfortable tracking large amounts of information and have a blend of editorial skills (copywriting, photo editing, SEO and social media best practices) and technical know-how. Prior experience as a website content producer is a must. The ability to leave the building to report, shoot, and edit video when necessary is a plus.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Generate story ideas and identify trending topics through research of internal content analytics, social media, news wires, websites and contacts.
- Produce and curate daily content uploads in a variety of content management systems. Produce engaging social media content including video, images and gifs. Produce and contribute to content planning schedules Attend regular editorial meetings Keep abreast of local events and politics
Work collaboratively with all members of the newsroom and other departments on
various projects as required. Be a flexible team player and multi-tasking expert with a high tolerance for stress when working on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Direct all social media for Sports department accounts.
- Video host for various shows.
- Direct breaking sports news coverage on the web.
- Run Sports homepage, ranking stories on various pages.
- Work major events and on all NFL Sundays during Raiders games.
- Travel as necessary for various playoffs and major events.
- Demonstrated digital content management system experience
Advanced knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms. Proficient in SEO best practices Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, WordPress, HTML, Final Cut Pro, or similar platforms and tools. Ability to work in a team environment, sharing knowledge, projects, best practices, and experience.
Meticulous attention to detail; planning, organizational and follow-through skills - individually and as part of a team.
Audience-centric mindset, using real-time web analytics software to inform
coverage. Proficiency with analytics tools including Google Analytics, Parse.ly, CrowdTangle, Facebook and Twitter. Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong grammar skills and top notch writing and editing skills.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Must have legal right to work in the US.