Property Management AssistantDesert Realty
Property Management Assistant
- Must have real estate license & be a member of Glvar
- Knowledge of property management procedures essentials
- Working computers knowledge
Salary $15/hour plus benefits after 60 days.
Apply in person at 3160 W Sahara Ave Suite, A-22, Monday – Friday, 10 AM - 4 PM.
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status. We promote a drug-free work environment.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Communicate with Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner.
- Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
- Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to perform calculations, produce and distribute documents.
- Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year-end reports.
- Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Community Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as a host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Enforce policies of the community.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.