Industrial Sewing Machine OperatorC D Sports Products
Full-time Help Wanted!
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Must have experience.
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.We promote a drug-free work environment.
- Starts and operates or tends machines that automatically join, reinforce, or decorate upholstery material or fabricated articles.
- Draws thread through guides, tensions, and needles and adjusts machine functions, according to upholstery type.
- Positions item under needle, using marks on machine, clamp or template, edges of upholstery, or markings on upholstery as guides.
- Turns knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machine, according to garment style and observation of operation.
- Replaces and rethreads needles.
- Guides upholstery or upholstery parts under machine needle and presser foot to sew parts together.
- Positions upholstery or article in clamps, template, or hoop frame prior to automatic operation of machine.
- Sews replacement parts or missing stitches, according to repair tickets.
- Observes sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notifies supervisor.
- Folds or stretches edges or length of items, while sewing, to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Removes holding devices and finished item from machine.
- Selects supplies, such as fasteners and thread, according to specifications or characteristics of upholstery.
- Cuts material and threads, using scissors.