Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Suncoast)
Provide guests with a friendly and efficient check-in and check-out experience. Be a knowledgeable resource for general information regarding hotel, amenities, and special events.
- Sell rooms utilizing excellent customer service skills and yield management.
- Resolve customer complaints and answer guest inquiries regarding hotel services, events, directions, local attractions, etc. in a friendly, professional manner.
- Complete all registration forms and computer input.
- Retrieve and distribute room keys.
- Calculate and print hotel bills and accept payment for various room charges utilizing standard cash and credit procedures.
- Communicate with Executive Hosts regarding hotel stays.
- Utilize computer to run necessary reports.
- Balance all transactions at the end of shift (audit out).
- Operate manual procedures in the event of computer failure.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and minimum 6 months front desk experience.
- Ability to utilize basic office machines and telephone. Minimum typing speed 45 WPM. 10-key experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate with guests and staff in English.
- Knowledge of hotel key system.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to add, subtract, and audit accounts.
- Money handling experience and ability to operate electronic draft system.
- Ability to operate LMS, CMS, and Hot Sauce/Espresso computer systems.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses as required by local gaming regulations.
Apply for Position on Career Page: https://www.boydcareers.com/
Boyd Gaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.