Learning SpecialistBishop Gorman Catholic High School
Learning Specialist (Math/Science Focus) Needed!!!
BISHOP GORMAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL in Las Vegas, Nevada is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year for the following position: Learning Specialist (Math/Science Focus)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a Diocesan application (available at https://www.bishopgorman.org/page/about/employment) to Principal Kevin Kiefer at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Candidates with backgrounds in other fields are also welcome to submit applications for potential future openings.
FLSA Status: Full Time Exempt (Contract)
Reports to: Director of the Learning Center
Work Year: 190 days
Purpose: The purpose of the Learning Specialist is to support success for students with documented learning disabilities through education, motivation, accommodation, and training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the mission of the Roman Catholic Church, the Diocese of Las Vegas, and Bishop Gorman Catholic High School in word and action
- Maintains gradebook for Academic Seminar
- Works with the Director of the Learning Center for the creation of semester final projects for Academic Seminar
- Maintains before and after school academic support and keeps a record of student participation · Works with specific PLC teams on creation of assessments
- Supports individual students with subject specific training and assistance
- Collaborates with specific subject teachers as needed to ensure student success
- Collaborates with parents as necessary
- Collaborates with the Test Center Coordinator as needed for assessments
- Creates subject specific learning aids as permitted by the departments
- Reports regularly to the Director of the Learning Center on student progress; makes recommendations for improvements to student plans
- Assist the Director of the Learning Center with Admissions screening
- Utilizes technology based accommodations
- Adheres to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Faculty and Staff Handbook
- Other duties as necessary including those assigned by the Administration
- Assists other personnel as necessary for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
- Regularly attends meetings and trainings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Special Education degree highly preferred
- Prior experience with SPED/learning differences and accommodations required
- Prior high school teaching experience preferred
- Experience in high school subject areas required; candidates should be prepared to support students in Mathematics classes through at least College Algebra and Science classes through Chemistry
Bishop Gorman Catholic High School is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status. We promote a drug-free work environment.
Provided by The Las Vegas Review Journal